Compare Search Engine Optimization tools & methods
If you are a SEO person then try to learn the latest things to keep you updated. For this, you can take a help of some of the popular SEO blogs. So you can select few SEO blogs to read every day. It may help you to improve your SEO skill. Here are the top 10 SEO blogs you may follow:
1) Moz blog
3) SEO Book
7) Quick Sprout
So you may read above listed SEO blogs everyday to get updated with your SEO skills. These are the most popular blogs where experts of internet marketing share their views. So you may follow their views if find any positive things there. After reading blog post you may ask them through comments if you have any confusion.
If you take a look on Moz.com then you will feel that you can do something more with Moz. There are several ways to learn search engine optimization. You can find Moz blog, YouMoz blog and Community within Moz.com. So you may raise Q&A in the community section. If you read Moz everyday then you can learn lots of things about search engine optimization.
There are some of the other search engine optimization blogs listed above so try to read them also. At there, you can find the tips on latest Google algorithm.
Keeping yourself up to date with all major changes and news in the Search Engines world is a major part of the SEO job.
The big question is how to do so without the hassle of reading through many threads on SEO Forums, one of the things some webmasters / SEO experts do is simply visit or register to the RSS of some major SEO blogs that you can trust their info to be correct and their discussions to be interesting.SEO Compare â€º Create New Post â€” WordPress
These are a few of the blogs I recommend, but I’m sure you have more in mind and I’ll be glad to add any blog that has a real value to this list:
- Matt Cutts – The official SEO guru, being a part of the Google team and appointed to be in charge of relationship with webmasters his blog is updating webmasters about new features, updates and even requests Google has from webmasters. – visit here | RSS
- SEOMOZ – probably the best SEO company offering some views to their news & SEO related updates. Visit here |RSS
- SearchEnginesWatch – One of the most reliable blogs for Search Engines news, even Matt Cutts is a close follower of this blog and site. visit here | RSS
- SearchEngineLand – Updates and Daily (sometims hourly) news about all search engines… visit here | RSS
- SEOCompany.CA – A Canadian seo company which presents some of the best SEO Tools, reviews in this blog other SEO Tools and softwares. Although this blog is not exactly up to date, it does have some nice reviews – visit here| RSS
Looking to hear from you about your recommendations and to complete this list to 10 Best SEO Blogs.
WordPress is by far the most advanced open source blog system and being that, it only makes since that it had turned to be the most popular blog system among webmasters and SEO experts.
WordPress can be fully customize in every way possible – from designs through file structure to SE friendly urls.
Everything is possible with wordpress, so how to make the best out of it?
Well these are the things you need to keep in mind when writing any page – Relevant title, use of correct HTML tags (including Alt text, Headings[H1,H2,H3….], Bold, Lists), inner linking and correct tags (categories).
How to do all these things with WordPress? Use the following manual!
- Choose a design
- Make sure your design includes all the elements you have planned for your blog.
- If you plan to put adsense code, affiliate banners or any other advertisements – make sure the wordpress design / template you choose have a space in a location that could convert well for you.
- Permalinks –> in the WP-Admin panel of wordpress under Options you’ll see a the tag “permalinks” – this tag will help you choose how they way the urls of your posts will show up – this effects the htaccess file of the wordpress. It is my recommendation that your put the name of your post in the url, as the title is probably your prefered keyword for that page. You can do that by simply putting /%postname%/ in the “Custom, specify below ” option.
- Update services – on every post you make wordpress can ping many services for you, notifying them on your post and by doing so giving your posts more exposure, more traffic and eventually more links – this is the most updated list I have if you have more services which do not appear here please comment and I will add them.
- Comments – on the main bar under Options–>Discussion verify that “Before a comment appears:” – All 3 fields are checked to make sure no
Blogs are already well known for their benefits as far as Search Engine Optimization.
The get indexed much more frequently due to their frequent content update rate and thanks to the Web 2.0 social networks get high exposures and better traffic.
There are several big players in the Blog industry: Google with www.blogger.com, WordPress – open source CMS for blogs & blog.com which is the most limited blog interface of them.
Both blogger & WordPress give access to the post and blog code so you can adjust the urls of the blog to be search engine friendly and costumize the inner links and have costum made templates applied on them.
The major advantage of WordPress over Blogger and any other blog CMS (Content Management System) is with its addons – The addons option that gives the advantage to Firefox with Firefox addons is what gives the advantage to WordPress over the others.